Dominus Flevit Church in Jerusalem
Located on the Mount of Olives in Jerusalem, the Dominus Flevit Church is a Roman Catholic Church. The meaning of the name is "The Lord Wept", and the Dominus Flevit Church is shaped as a tear, symbolizing the tears of Jesus Christ. According to tradition, Jesus wept at this spot for the future destruction of the Jewish Second Temple. Overlooking the Old City and the Temple Mount, visitors to Dominus Flevit can walk in Jesus's footsteps and view the Old City from the same perspective. The current Dominus Flevit building was rebuilt by the Franciscan Custody of the Holy Land in 1955.