Church of Maria Magdalene in Jerusalem
The Church of Maria Magdalene is located on Jerusalem's Mount of Olives, opposite the Old City and the Temple Mount. Dedicated to memory of Jesus' follower Maria Magdalene, the church is Russian Orthodox and was constructed in 1886. The Church of Maria Magdalene was commissioned by Russian Tsar Alexander III, honoring his mother the empress. The church is built in the Russian Tented Roof architecture style, and stands out on the Olive Mount due to its golden domes.