Augusta Victoria Hospital in Jerusalem
Located on Jerusalem's Mount of Olives facing the Old City, the Augusta Victoria building was built in 1907 by the German Protestant community of Jerusalem. The building was converted to a British military hospital during the Second World War, and still serves the population of East Jerusalem in this function. Also on site is the Evangelical Lutheran Church of the Ascension. Augusta Victoria is recognized in the Jerusalem skyline by its 65 meter bell-tower.